Member Benefits and Services
The Michigan Athletic Trainers Society is comprised of an elected board and 16 active committees that function to serve the diversified needs of certified athletic trainers and athletic training students.
These following services are made possible through the support of our membership and the work and dedication of your executive board and council! If you would like more membership information or would like to get involved please contact any executive board or council member.
Download the Membership Interest Form (7k)
- MATS is the ONLY organization fighting to protect your rights as a certified athletic trainer in Michigan.
- MATS developed and funded a legal strategy to cease the negative rumors being spread throughout Michigan regarding the employment of Certified Athletic Trainers in the clinic or hospital setting.
- MATS currently retains Karoub Associates, a lobbying firm in Lansing, to represent MATS in all legislative concerns.
- Introduction of legislation for licensure of Certified Athletic Trainers in Michigan
- Information on current legislative activities is provided to members only
- Upgraded website to effectively communicate information to membership
- Strategic Planning with membership survey to ensure membership needs are addressed
- Public relations committee to enhance the image of the athletic trainer in Michigan
- Subscription to MATS Newsline
- Annual Professional Education Seminar
- Access to 16 committees that serve you as MATS members
- Networking opportunities
- Opportunity to socialize with colleagues
- Leadership opportunities
- Scholarship opportunities
- Michigan Athletic Trainers Society Hall of Fame
- High School ATC of the Year Award
- Distinguished Athletic Trainer Award
- Excellent Educational Conference for a very reasonable fee
- Publication of a Membership Directory
- First class MATS golf outing
MATS is only as strong as its ACTIVE members.
BE ACTIVE in your profession and society!