MATS Athletic Training Student Scholarship Application Requirements
I. Eligibility Requirements
1. Applicant must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a Michigan College/University pursing a degree with the intention of becoming a BOC Certified Athletic Trainer.
2. Applicant must be a current member of the Michigan Athletic Trainers Society.
3. Applicant must be either a junior or senior academically in good standing in the college/university. Applicant may apply during his/her final semester and must use scholarship toward graduate course work.
4. Applicant must have grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 (based on a 4.0 scale) for ALL undergraduate courses to date.
5. Applicant must have performed with distinction as a participant in his/her athletic training program, academic major, institution, and clinical education.
II. Application Instruction
1. All sections of the application packet must be fully completed and signed as directed.
2. All information in the application packet (other than signatures) must be typed.
3. Incomplete application packets will not be processed.
4. A fully completed application packet must be emailed to Gretchen Goodman MA, AT, ATC no later than 5:00pm March 30, 2012 at
III. Evaluation and Award Process
1. MATS Athletic Training Student scholarships may vary from $500 to $1,000. Up to two scholarships may be awarded for the 2012-2013 academic year.
2. Need shall not be a factor in granting MATS Athletic Training Student scholarships. Assistance from other sources will not make the applicant ineligible for a scholarship.
3. Consideration will be given to the applicant’s participation in campus activities other than academic and athletic training, in which he/she has demonstrated qualities of leadership and has been a positive example to fellow students.
4. The selected applicant(s) must provide proof of enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree program for the 2012-2013 academic year before a check will be issued and is expected to remain enrolled as a full time student.
Any questions, please contact Gretchen Goodman, Chair MATS Athletic Training Student Committee, at 616.331.3140 or
Click here for Scholarship Application