The mission of the Michigan Athletic Trainers' Society is to enhance the quality of health care provided by certified athletic trainers and to advance the profession of athletic training in the state of Michigan.
1. To advance, encourage, and improve the profession of the athletic training within the State of Michigan.
2. To promote a better working relationship among all health care professionals and persons interested in the profession of athletic training.
3. To further develop the knowledge and ability of each of its members.
4. To better serve the common interest of its members by providing a means of free exchanges of ideas within the profession and in the State of Michigan.
5. To enable members to become acquainted personally through casual good fellowship.
The members that comprise MATS, are but no limited to, people of different abilities, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, religions, ages, genders, personal beliefs, and political affiliations.
MATS Constitution and Bylaws
Executive Board - The elected officials: President, President-Elect, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
Executive Council - The Executive Board members, the GLATA State Representative, and all standing committee members.
MATS - Michigan Athletic Trainers' Association
NATA or National - National Athletic Trainers' Association
GLATA or District - Great Lakes Athletic Trainers' Association
PEC - Professional Education Committee
GAC - Governmental Affairs Committee