Member Benefits and Services
The Michigan Athletic Trainers Society is comprised of an elected board and 15 active committees that function to serve the diversified needs of certified and student athletic trainers.
These following services are made possible through the support of our membership and the work and dedication of volunteer members! If you would like more membership information or would like to get involved please contact any Executive Board member.
Download the Membership Interest Form (7k)
- MATS is the ONLY organization fighting to protect your rights as an athletic trainer in Michigan.
- MATS developed and funded a legal strategy to cease the negative rumors being spread throughout Michigan regarding the employment of Certified Athletic Trainers in the clinic or hospital setting.
- MATS continues to retain the services of Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn law firm to provide resources for members and continue to fight negative rumors.
- MATS currently retain the top lobbying firm in Lansing to represent MATS in all legislative concerns.
- Introduction of legislation for licensure of Certified Athletic Trainers in Michigan
- Information on current legislative activities is provided to members only
- Upgraded website to effectively communicate information to membership
- Strategic Planning with membership survey to ensure membership needs are addressed
- Public relations committee to enhance the image of the athletic trainer in Michigan
- Subscription to MATS Newsline
- Networking opportunities
- Opportunity to socialize with colleagues
- Leadership opportunities
- Scholarship opportunities
- Michigan Athletic Trainers Society Hall of Fame
- High School ATC of the Year Award
- Distinguished Athletic Trainer Award
- Excellent Educational Conference for a very reasonable fee
- Publication of a Membership Directory
- First class MATS golf outing